The Treasure Lake Women’s Golf Association (TLWGA) is hosting the 2019 Swing Fore Women’s Health Golf Tournament on Thursday June 20th at the Treasure Lake Gold Course.
Over the past five years, the TLWGA has raised more than $9400 to support the needs of local women with breast cancer through services at Penn Highlands DuBois. The donations assist with expenses such as wigs, transportation, home care, and child care. The 2018 Tournament hosted 47 golfers and raised $2700. The TLWGA hopes to improve on this donation in 2019.
Women golfers are encouraged to sign up individually, as a twosome or as a foursome. Teams of four will play a shotgun start scramble with the winning team earning only bragging rights so all proceeds can support the cause. The cost to play is a $20 donation per person, and $18 cart fee. For those wishing to stay for lunch, there is an additional $10 fee. The day starts at 8:00 AM with registration and complimentary breakfast. Lunch and the auction are held in Duffer’s Tavern following the event. Fun games and awards for on-course play, and mulligans will be available. Everyone is encouraged to wear pink and take a picture with the Boober Cart. It’s a fun day of golf supporting an excellent cause.
In additional to golf, the event includes a large Chinese auction that will be held at Duffer’s Tavern after the round.. Auction items include a variety of baskets, gifts, and gift certificates. Items will be on display in Duffer’s the week leading up to the event so patrons can purchase tickets for the auction.
Lady golfers, a sign-up sheet is available in ladies locker room at the Gold Course. You can also call the Gold Pro Shop to sign up. Deadline is July 13.
Non-golfers interested in supporting the event can donate in three ways, 1) Contribute a basket/gift item for the Chinese auction by July 13, 2) send a donation directly to the TLWGA before June 20, 3) stop by Duffer’s and buy tickets for the auction (you may just win a lovely prize!) – dates will be posted once baskets are set up.
- Chairwoman: Ginny Libby, TLWGA
- All checks should be made payable to the TLWGA
- Lady golfers can send a check for golf and lunch ONLY (pay for the cart on the day of the event) by the deadline of June 13th.
- Those wishing to send a direct donation, please send it by the deadline of June 13th (include your contact information).
- Checks can be sent to Ginny Libby, C/O TLWGA, 283 Treasure Lake, DuBois, PA 15801
- Basket, gift, and certificate donations for the Chinese raffle can be dropped off at the Gold Pro Shop (indicate it is for the Swing, and please include your contact information)
For more information, contact the TLWGA at email@example.com.
More information to come as we get closer to the event. Please join the TLWGA for golf or the raffle and support a great cause.